Nouvelles:

Auteur Sujet: Kenny Cetera (Kenny is a younger brother of Peter Cetera)  (Lu 3613 fois)

Hors ligne Espartaco

• Membre
Kenny Cetera (Kenny is a younger brother of Peter Cetera)

"Hello everybody...and WELCOME. Most of you here will probably remember me from the work I did with Chicago (the band) in the mid 1980's: singing background on their most successful (original) record to date, "Chicago 17", performing on the tour that followed (some of you affectionately, I'm sure, remembering it as "the White Tour" because of the stage attire we were wearing...funny!) and even a brief video appearance (you'd never notice!). I am a product of the '60's music explosion, hailing from the south side of Chicago, IL and growing up in a blue collar, working class family. As the youngest person in the family, I was surrounded by music for as long as I can remember, from listening to my mother singing along with her 78-rpms and then 33-1/3's of musicals from the 40's, 50's and 60's, to singing three-part harmonies with my Mom and sister while washing the dishes to listening to my two older brothers' records and practicing with their bands in our garage. Being a singer and musician was inevitable for me. I sang in our church choir, joined the high school glee club, even did a little work in a barbershop quartet and performed in a college musical. It wasn't until my junior year in high school when I finally became lead singer in my first band playing 60's and 70's rock hits. Bought my first drum kit with high school graduation gift money, and shortly after graduating I moved to the Champagne-Urbana area with another rock band touring extensively throughout the Illinois-Michigan-Indiana areas as lead singer. A couple of major car wrecks later, I decided to move on! I landed with my folks in Tennessee for a couple of years, where I learned to appreciate the art of country music. Finally, I made the move to the west coast in the winter of '79 and have never left. I spent 2-1/2 years as drummer/singer in a top 40 band in the San Francisco Bay area before making my move to So Cal in mid '82 where I spent another couple of years playing more top 40 gigs around So. Cal before getting my big break - singing background vocals on Chicago's 17th album. With David Foster again at the helm, and hot off their very successful 16th album, "17" was destined for the top of the charts. I also sang on David's "Voices That Care" project in 1991 - a fund raiser for Desert Storm. I live and continue working in the Los Angeles area and am a lucky husband and a very proud father of 3 beautiful girls. In response to several comments posted on my brother Peter's message boards as to "what happened to Kenny?" I finally decided to jump in the water... actually, pushed (thanks hon ;-) )...here on myspace and reconnect with everyone. Never too late, right? Please feel free to post a comment or send me an e-mail. Thank you for stopping by! Peace, Kenny" (http://www.myspace.com/kennyceteramusic)

SOME SAMPLES

http://www.myspace.com/kennyceteramusic

VIDEO CLIP

Kenny Cetera - Could It Be You