Nouvelles:

Auteur Sujet: SVEN LARSSON  (Lu 6618 fois)

Hors ligne Agreuh

• Toujours prêt
    • ERIC AKA AGREUH
SVEN LARSSON
« le: Ven 18 Sep 09 21:01:00 »
SVEN LARSSON is a very common name in Sweden, but there’s nothing common about the guitar playing of THIS Sven Larsson – known from STREET TALK and XINEMA. “Tube” is an 11-track demo CD which underlines the extreme talent of Sven as a songwriter and a musician. He’s also helped out by some other fine musicians here; among others some of the STREET TALK guys like the founder Fredrik Bergh. Lead vocals are shared by Sven and Tomas Eriksson. One very positive thing is the use of real drums, played by Christian Johansson (STREET TALK).

Starting out with “Sunlight and shadow”, we get a song that could have been on any STREET TALK album. It’s that typical upbeat JOURNEY vibe, and a great song. And this is only the beginning; but Sven is exploring several music styles here. I really like it, since it travels from pure AOR through AOR/westcoast ballads in TOTO style, all the way to rock/fusion with folk vibes. The latter is heard in the awesome “Candy”, which is easily one of the best tracks of this demo CD. In a way I think of the JOHANSSON BROTHERS in this tune; it’s semi-crazy but also filled with melodies and great harmonies. There’s also some FLOWER KINGS and GREG MATHIESON’S BAKED POTATO SUPER LIVE about this song.

I mentioned TOTO, and they sure pop up as an obvious source of inspiration here and there, especially if you imagine the semi-ballads of the “Fahrenheit” era. Try “It’s Over” and “This is Not The Right Time” and you’ll see. Lovely songs, both of them. On the groovy side there’s for example “I’ll Turn My Back”, with some HENDRIX or heavier STEVE LUKATHER solo adventure ingredients.

Tracklist
1. Sunlight and shadow*
2. The neighbour*
3. Daydreamer*
4. Eagle*
5. Ill turn my back
6. This is not the right time*
7. Bastard
8. Its over
9. Candy*
10. Fly on by
11. Tube

* Highlights

http://www.myspace.com/svenhenrylarsson
Les tôles ondulées.... les vaches aussi !!!

Hors ligne MetalDen

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • rockmeeting
Re : SVEN LARSSON
« Réponse #1 le: Lun 01 Mar 10 13:04:44 »
un petit up sur MR aujourd'hui avec une sortie prévue le 26 mars

Hors ligne Kakou

• Chroniqueur
  • Super Membre
Re : SVEN LARSSON
« Réponse #2 le: Jeu 29 Avr 10 10:11:25 »
J'ai écouté l'album et franchement, il est superbe :love: Bien sur, quelques titres dans le style STREET TALK comme l'excellent "Sunlight and Shadow" mais aussi quelques touches Westcoast, une ballade TOTOeste, des titres plus (Hard) Rock avec des guitares bien en avant et aussi quelques touches Jazz Rock (dans le style de certains titres bonus de STREET TALK que l'on trouve aussi sur l'album "Destination").
Bref, super album  :beer:

Hors ligne Fab

• team1
  • Super Membre
Re : Re : SVEN LARSSON
« Réponse #3 le: Jeu 29 Avr 10 20:37:21 »
J'ai écouté l'album et franchement, il est superbe :love: Bien sur, quelques titres dans le style STREET TALK comme l'excellent "Sunlight and Shadow" mais aussi quelques touches Westcoast, une ballade TOTOeste, des titres plus (Hard) Rock avec des guitares bien en avant et aussi quelques touches Jazz Rock (dans le style de certains titres bonus de STREET TALK que l'on trouve aussi sur l'album "Destination").
Bref, super album  :beer:
Je le touve pas mal efefctivement mais je m'attendais a mieux je prefere nettemt Street Talk/ autrmt la description de Kakou est tt a fait bonne/ Chez le mm label je prefere le SEDONA