Nouvelles:

Auteur Sujet: Les Paul - une légende nous a quitté ! RIP  (Lu 4027 fois)

Hors ligne MetalDen

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • rockmeeting
Les Paul - une légende nous a quitté ! RIP
« le: Jeu 13 Août 09 20:12:13 »
Le guitariste Les Paul est décédé jeudi, à l'âge de 94 ans. Selon Gibson Guitar, le musicien est décédé de complications liées à une pneumonie, dans un hôpital de White Plains, dans l'État de New York. Sa famille et ses amis étaient à ses côtés.

En tant qu'inventeur, Les Paul a contribué à l'essor du rock and roll et à l'avènement des techniques d'enregistrement multipiste, qui permettent aux artistes d'enregistrer plusieurs instruments de musique à des moments différents, de chanter en harmonie avec eux-mêmes et d'ensuite jumeler les pistes pour l'enregistrement final.Le guitariste a aussi enregistré plusieurs succès, dont un grand nombre en compagnie de son épouse, Mary Ford.

Selon les guitares Gibson, il a succombé des suites d'une pneumonie à l'hôpital de White Plains (État de New York), entouré de ses proches.

De son vrai nom Lester Polfuss, le musicien et inventeur a accompagné de nombreux jazzmen, dont Nat King Cole, au cours de sa carrière et composé quelques tubes comme How High The Moon dans les années 40 et 50 avec sa femme Mary Ford. Le couple sur scène comme à la ville, un peu dépassé par la vague rock, se séparera, avant de divorcer en 1962.

Au fil des années, la Les Paul et ses déclinaisons (Gold Top, Custom, Junior, Sunburst) est devenue l'une des guitares les plus utilisées dans le monde du rock. En 2005, une vente aux enchères à Christie's avait vu une Les Paul de 1955 s'envoler à plus de 45 000 dollars.

Outre sa guitare, sur laquelle les plus grands jouent ou ont joué (Keith Richards, Pete Townsend, Neil Young, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Slash, Eric Clapton), Les Paul est aussi crédité pour avoir été l'un des pionniers des techniques d'enregistrement multipiste, notamment en bidouillant un magnétophone Ampex, offert par Bing Crosby, sur lequel il a rajouté des têtes d'enregistrement.

Évoquant la révolution de l'amplification électrique dans le monde du rock, Les Paul avait noté un jour: «Tout d'un coup, on s'est rendu compte que l'électricité était devenue une part très importante de la musique. Avoir cette dynamique, avoir les moyens de s'exprimer au delà des limites habituelles d'un instrument acoustique était incroyable. Aujourd'hui, personne n'imaginerait chanter sur scène sans micro et sans amplification».

Hors ligne Stacey

• Hero
Re : Les Paul - une légende nous a quitté ! RIP
« Réponse #1 le: Jeu 13 Août 09 22:06:49 »
 ::) oui, a l'evidence un mec sans qui nous ne serions probablement pas là a discuter :exclaim:
 et bien RIP aussi, et un gd  MERCI au MONSIEUR :exclaim:

Hors ligne Queeny

• Hero
  • The Show must go on.....
    • Chasseur immobilier
« Réponse #2 le: Jeu 13 Août 09 22:23:26 »
RIP et merci pour cette guitare d'exception dont j'ai la chance de posséder un modèle

Hors ligne Iron Horse

• Membre
« Réponse #3 le: Ven 14 Août 09 00:40:32 »
Fait rocker les anges, Les...

Hors ligne MetalDen

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • rockmeeting
« Réponse #4 le: Ven 14 Août 09 13:08:26 »
son influence vue à travers cette liste de nos stars qui rendent hommage au monsieur :

Former and current members of GUNS N' ROSES, VAN HALEN, AEROSMITH,KISS, SKID ROW, TESTAMENT, ZZ TOP and BLACKFOOT have paid tribute to music icon Les Paul, just hours after news broke that the electric-guitar pioneer had died at age 94 of complications from pneumonia.

Ace Frehley (KISS): "The music industry has lost a giant! I'm very saddened by the news of Les Paul's passing. I was lucky enough to have known Les as a friend, and admired him as a musician and innovator. He forever changed the way we listen to music."

Slash (GUNS N' ROSES, VELVET REVOLVER): "Les Paul was a shining example of how full one's life can be. He was so vibrant and full of positive energy. I'm honored and humbled to have known and played with him over the years. He was an exceptionally brilliant man."

Joe Satriani (CHICKENFOOT): "Les Paul set a standard for musicianship and innovation that remains unsurpassed. He was the original guitar hero and the kindest of souls. Last October, I joined him onstage at the Iridium club in New York City, and he was still shredding. He was, and still is, an inspiration to us all."

Steve Vai: "What a wonderfully historical figure he was. A genius innovator. I feel so fortunate to have performed with him twice. He was charming, funny and loved the instrument with a deep passion. Most people do not understand the tremendous contribution he made to the electric guitar and contemporary recording techniques. If it was not for Les Paul, we may all be playing acoustic guitars and recording in mono."

John 5 (ROB ZOMBIE, MARILYN MANSON): "Les Paul gave me one of the best days of my life when I got to play with him at his club in New York City. He was the one that told me to go solo and make guitar records. This is a great loss. My thoughts go out to his family and to everybody who was touched and influenced by him."

Joe Perry (AEROSMITH): "As a guitarist and a fan of music in general, I know the amazing contributions Les Paul made in his lifetime to the art of making music. He was a true genius. The few times that I had met him, he made me feel like I had known him forever. He was always sharp, ready to rock and he was always talking about his next gig. Knowing that he is not walking the earth anymore is sad and I have lost a friend. But every time I pick up a guitar, I'll know that his spirit is alive and well right next to me."

Eddie Van Halen (VAN HALEN): "Les Paul was a pioneer, an innovator and a dear friend. I am deeply saddened at the news of his passing. It was truly an honor to have known him and sit around with him talking guitars. I am especially glad that he, my son Wolfgang and I had a chance to spend some quality time together in the past few years. I will miss him dearly."

Richie Sambora (BON JOVI): "Les lived a very long life and he got to a lot of his goals, so I'm happy for him in that respect. At least he realized that he was a legend in his own time while he was alive. He was revolutionary in the music business."

Paul Stanley (KISS): "The name Les Paul is iconic and is known by aspiring and virtuoso guitar players worldwide. That guitar is the cornerstone of a lot of great music that has been made in the last 50 years."

Billy Gibbons (ZZ TOP): "Les Paul brought six strings to electricity and electricity to six strings. Les Paul was an innovator, a groundbreaker, a risk taker, a mentor and a friend. Try to imagine what we'd be doing if he hadn't come along and changed the world. There will always be more Les to come. That's certified."

Tom Morello (RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE): "RIP, Les Paul — thank you for the instruments that changed the course of music. If you have ever 'rocked' or 'been rocked,' you can thank Les Paul."

Brian "Head" Welch (KORN): "I played a Les Paul when I was first learning how to play guitar and the sound always stayed with me. I'm sure because of that particular sound, Les Paul became a pioneer in the music industry. Some of rock's most influential licks were born on his instruments. He'll always be remembered."

Rickey Medlocke (BLACKFOOT, LYNYRD SKYNYRD): "I'm so thankful that this guy was such an incredible genius for developing such a great guitar. I am a third-generation Gibson user and I always will be. God bless Les Paul."

Wes Scantlin (PUDDLE OF MUDD): "Les and I have the same birthday. It is an honor to have been born on the same day as such a genius guitarist, innovator and human being."

Gilby Clarke (GUNS N' ROSES): "Sad day today; the great Les Paul died. He was 94 years young and invented the Les Paul guitar, the greatest guitar ever made."

Alex Skolnick (TESTAMENT): "Les Paul was very rare in the music biz: creative, successful and famous but a great guy right up 'til the end. Thanks for everything, Les."

Billy Morrison (CAMP FREDDY, THE CULT): "Rest in peace, Les Paul. Your artistry and design changed my life, millions of others, and the sound of music as we know it today."

Sebastian Bach (SKID ROW): "RIP, Les Paul. Got to meet you and see you jam with Slash and Mike Monroe. No one could have ever rocked without Les Paul, or a Les Paul."

En photo avec Ace Frehley :

Hors ligne Queeny

• Hero
  • The Show must go on.....
    • Chasseur immobilier
« Réponse #5 le: Ven 14 Août 09 18:05:38 »
Nombreux hommages de grands guitaristes dont la renommée ne s'est même pas faite avec la Les Paul, c'est dire l'influence de ce grand Monsieur  ;)

Hors ligne Firefly

• Chroniqueur
  • Hero
    • Uriah Heep france
« Réponse #6 le: Dim 16 Août 09 09:59:20 »
Respet total, un génie  :neutral:

Hors ligne citrouille

• Toujours prêt
« Réponse #7 le: Dim 16 Août 09 12:38:32 »
LesPaul et son fameux micro humbucker  :love:
le Metal lui doit beaucoup !

SebROXX

• Invité
« Réponse #8 le: Dim 16 Août 09 13:39:22 »
et moi qui pensait qu'il etait mort depuis déja longtemps ::)

Hors ligne MetalDen

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • rockmeeting
« Réponse #9 le: Mar 18 Août 09 12:24:23 »
l'hommage de Ted Nugent :

"I was jamming on one of my cherished 1959 Les Paul guitars the other day, and ferocious, fluid, adventurous sexy guitar licks danced with and from my fingertips. Mr. Paul's guitar does that to and for all of us guitar slingers, and for that we salute, thank and honor the founding father of electric guitars.

"I met Les and exchanged guitar stories with him on a few occasions, and he was not only a musical visionary, but truly a wise, kind and down-to-earth gentleman of the finest order. He knew I loved my Gibson Byrdland guitars and shared his admiration for those classic Gibsons as well.

"With but a cursory review of the earth-moving music created on Les Paul guitars, all music lovers must admit that our lives would not be as full and rich without the great man and his magnificent instrument. I will play magic notes for Les forever.

"God rest his ingenious soul."

Hors ligne Maënora

• Chroniqueur
  • Toujours prêt
« Réponse #10 le: Mar 18 Août 09 14:33:35 »

Sincèrement partir à cet age,
avec l'héritage qu'il laisse  ::) cela mérite + les applaudissements que les pleurs.

Au moins il n'aura pas eu une vie de merde et il aura été reconnu de son vivant.

Cependant comme tout gratteux (a)mateur que je suis je dirai également,
R.I.P. & j'adooooooooore ta gratte ;
mais si j'en possède quelques unes (contrairement à Queeny),
 celle-ci je ne l'ai eu qu'en gold une version de Paul Beuscher une (très bonne) copie et cela remonte à 30 balais.

Quant à moi j'ai des images de Thin Lizzy en tête avec la fameuse Les Paul ou faut-il dire Les Pol aujourd'hui ;
vu son nom  :question: ;)
La musique est la langue des émotions.

Hors ligne MetalDen

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • rockmeeting
« Réponse #11 le: Ven 28 Août 09 21:55:54 »
de l'art de rendre hommage ... et de faire les affaires, pas bête le Slash :

Guitarist Slash (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES) has revealed via his Twitter page that he is currently working with the technicians at the Gibson guitar-manufacturing company on a new Les Paul signature model.

Says the top-hatted axeman: "We're going to call the new Les Paul Slash model the 'Appetite' guitar. It is modeled after the guitar I recorded that album [GUNS N' ROSES' classic 1987 LP, 'Appetite For Destruction'] [and] it will be my tribute to Les Paul, the man and mentor."

In an interview with L.A. Weekly, Slash stated about Les Paul, "For the last 60 years he's had this major influence on guitar playing and the recording industry. Les was the kind of guy that anytime you were in his presence, he was always very upbeat, always cracking jokes, always making comments about the women present... The fact that he took a liking to me and took me under his wing was a huge honor. We always talked on the phone and that kind of stuff. It was special. It's important for kids to know who Les was because when I first started playing, I thought Les Paul was the name of a guitar. I didn't know it was a real person until I learned from guys like Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton. Obviously from that point on I researched and then finally got to meet him. Kids nowadays don't even really know that kind of history but it's important to have an understanding of that delay pedal that you're using and where the original concept came from [laughs]. Whenever you hear guitar harmonies recorded, like Brian May used to record harmonies on all of QUEEN's records, that was all Les Paul stuff. He invented the technique where you could layer guitars. Before that people just had to play live and that was it."

Hors ligne MetalDen

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • rockmeeting
« Réponse #12 le: Jeu 09 Juin 11 20:55:19 »
L'hommage aujourd'hui sur google, avec le petit logo à gauche du carré de recherche ....

Hors ligne CaSSouX

• Chroniqueur
  • Super Membre
« Réponse #13 le: Sam 11 Juin 11 18:39:51 »
Pour ceux qui ont loupé la page spéciale, la voilà :
http://www.google.com/logos/2011/lespaul.html

A noter que l'on peut jouer au clavier, et que l'on peut enregistrer sa création et la partager avec un lien.
« Modifié: Sam 11 Juin 11 23:08:49 par Christine »